You are invited to preorder Tarzan of the Apes: The Artist Edition, which will be limited to 600 numbered sets signed by the artists and contributors. This is the sixth and most elaborately illustrated title in The ERB Limited Edition Collection produced by ERB Books since 2015, all of which are fully authorized by Edgar Rice Burroughs, Inc. Tarzan of the Apes: The Artist Edition is available for preorder from ERB Books (please note that the book cannot be preordered directly from Edgar Rice Burroughs, Inc.’s online store, as it is being produced by ERB Books).
ERB Books is offering FREE SHIPPING on preorders of Tarzan of the Apes: The Artist Edition. The book is expected to ship February/March 2021.
Exclusive Offer for Numbered Subscribers
ERB Books will reserve the same number set for you for this new edition and the next new limited edition that you received for A Princess of Mars: The Manuscript Edition.
Each Artist Limited Edition Set Includes:
- Book and Clamshell Box handcrafted in leather with letterpress title page, color illustrated endpapers and printed on 80# Finch archival paper.
- Fine Workmanship: Double gold stamped titles and decorations, Symth-sewn binding, hand built box, heavy stock color plates – printed and bound in the U.S.
- Two Wraparound Dust Jackets fitted on each book featuring a new original Tarzan painting by Sanjulian or Daren Bader and the first edition dust jacket designed by Fred Arting.
- (25) Tipped-in Color Plates featuring artwork by Frazetta, Brom, Manchess, St. John, Jones, Adams, Miller, Arting, Yeates, Pettee, Patrick, Grindberg, Jusko, Eggleton, Hogarth and many more.
- (75+) Black & White Illustrations throughout the text by a host of artists and featuring 16 full-page illustrations for Tarzan of the Apes by Zdenek Burian and a 16-page Tarzan Artist’s Sketch Section.
Bonus items in each boxed set:
- Tarzan of the Apes Artifact Portfolio (1912-1914): Includes exact replicas of editor letters, manuscript pages, Munsey’s check to ERB, the All-Story Oct. pulp cover, contents and title pages (1912), the illustrated first installment of the first Tarzan of the Apes newspaper serialization (1913) & the A. C. McClurg advertising postcard, illustrated order form & first edition book contract. (1914)
- Vintage Pen with gold grip and gold-plated Esterbrook nib: Replica of the pen used by ERB to create Tarzan of the Apes.
- Die Cast Color Stamp (2″ x 3″): Reproduction in metal of the rare 1914 advertising stamp designed by ERB to promote the first edition of Tarzan of the Apes using Fred Arting’s dust jacket art and design.
Preorder Tarzan of the Apes: The Artist Edition today from ERB Books. Expected to ship February/March 2021.
Copyright © Edgar Rice Burroughs, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Trademarks Tarzan®, Tarzan of the Apes®, Edgar Rice Burroughs®, and A Princess of Mars® owned by Edgar Rice Burroughs, Inc.